blog home Uncategorized Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Kills Family in Detroit

Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Kills Family in Detroit

By Renee Nordstrand on September 1, 2009

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090716/METRO/907160452/1409/METRO

 

Three children and their father died on July 16, 2009 from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Detroit, Michigan.  According to an article in the Detroit News, the family was using a generator in their basement to power two air conditioners in their home.  The family was using the generator because the power had been shut off in their home after they fell behind on utility payments.

 

According to a spokesman for DTE Electric who was quoted in the Detroit News article, “A generator should never be operated in a home. They produce carbon monoxide and other fumes that accumulate”.

 

Carbon Monoxide is a dangerous, poisonous and odorless gas which is produced by the incomplete burning of various fuels.  An article on carbonmonoxidekills.com reports that poor installation or poor maintenance of an appliance and poor room ventilation may lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.

 

If you or someone you know has been exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning, you may be entitled to compensation.  If a landlord, building owner, or employer has not properly inspected the appliances where you live or work and you get carbon monoxide poisoning because of it, it would be in your best interest to contact an attorney experienced in carbon monoxide poisoning cases.  At Law Office of Renee J. Nordstrand, we have taken and won carbon monoxide poisoning cases and will help you recover what you deserve.

Related Articles:

 

Share This Page