Renée J. Nordstrand
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Phone: (805) 962-2022
Fax: (805) 962-5001
E-mail: E-mail Me
Renée Nordstrand has devoted her career to serving and assisting individuals to achieve justice through the law. Her experience often involves pursuing insurance companies, public entities, and employers to recover money for injuries, including death and disability, to her clients. She has extensive courtroom experience.
Renée Nordstrand graduated from the University of California at Santa Barbara in 1984 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. She attended Whittier College School of Law in Hancock Park, California where she graduated in the top 20 percent of her class with a Juris Doctor degree in 1988. She passed the California Bar examination and was admitted to practice in the State of California in February 1989.
Renée Nordstrand has experience handling disputed matters resulting in injuries or damages to individuals and businesses in the areas of Personal Injury, Criminal Law, and other Civil Litigation matters including dog bite/incident cases, elder abuse, construction defects, adoption misrepresentation, professional and medical malpractice, civil rights violations, and many other legal matters.
Renée Nordstrand was a former President of Santa Barbara Women Lawyers. She is a member of the Santa Barbara County Bar Association, Consumer Attorneys of California, Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, Santa Barbara Women Lawyers and California Women Lawyers. She has been appointed arbitrator and judge pro tem by the Santa Barbara Superior Court. She is a Court-Appointed Special Advocate. She is licensed to practice law in California state and federal courts.
Click here to download Renée Nordstrand's resume.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Motor Vehicle/Motorcycle/Bicycle Accidents
- Defective Products
- Professional Malpractice
- California, 1989
- U.S. District Court, 1989
- Whittier College School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
Certificate of Completion for Strategic Legal Negotiation Skills - 2006
- University of California, Santa Barbara, California
B.A. - 1984
Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Santa Barbara Women Lawyers, President
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- California Women Lawyers
- The State Bar of California, Member
- The AV Preeminent Rating from The Martindale Peer Review Ratings.
Past Employment Positions
- Santa Barbara Superior Court, Arbitrator