Montecito Truck Accident Lawyers
Any type of motor vehicle crash can harm you and your loved ones, but accidents involving big rig trucks are especially hazardous. A fully loaded truck weighs over 20 times as much as a regular passenger vehicle. Trucks take a lot longer to stop, and when they collide with a car, the injuries can be devastating.
Truck crashes are more deadly than other types of motor vehicle accidents. In a recent year over 5000 people were killed in truck crashes, and most of the victims were occupants of passenger cars, pedestrians, or cyclists.
The trucking industry is strictly regulated by the federal government to protect everyone on the road. All trucks must be carefully maintained, drivers must have the proper training, and safe driving practices must be followed. But when trucking companies try to save money by cutting corners, the results can be devastating.
If you were hurt in a collision caused by an unsafe truck driver, the Montecito personal injury attorneys at NordstrandBlack PC will file a claim to help you get the money you need to cover the cost of your medical bills, wage loss, and other losses resulting from the wreck.
Call (805) 962-2022 to schedule your FREE consultation today.
After an accident, the insurance company will do everything they can to save money. Insurance agents try to blame victims for accidents caused by careless truck drivers, and they might try to get you to make a statement that could hurt your claim. Don’t say anything to the insurance agent or accept any claims until you meet with a Montecito car accident lawyer.
Accidents caused by careless truck drivers may result in severe injuries requiring extensive medical treatment. Your truck accident attorney will investigate the accident and file a claim that represents the true cost of your injuries. If the other side refuses to make a reasonable offer, the award-winning trial attorneys at NordstrandBlack PC are always ready to take them to court.
Your claim may include the following types of expenses:
- Current and future medical costs
- Time missed from work
- At-home nursing care
- Wage loss or lost earnings and earning capacity
- Wheelchair ramps
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
When trucking companies skimp on safety, innocent people pay the cost. Hiring unqualified drivers, poor truck maintenance, and pressuring drivers to work too many hours might save the trucking companies money, but these hazardous practices have deadly consequences on the road.
Big rig trucks are common in and around Montecito, and major local truck routes include Hwy 101 and Hwy 166. Truck accidents can usually be prevented when trucking companies take the necessary precautions. But greed and carelessness create the following hazards:
- Fatigued driving caused by overworked truckers who aren’t following federal Hours of Service (HOS) regulations
- DUI accidents caused by insufficient employee screening and failure to regularly review driver DMV printouts
- Speeding and reckless driving caused by negligent hiring and failure to properly supervise drivers
- Unsafe lane changes caused by careless truckers and drivers who haven’t been taught how to account for blind spots
- Overloaded and runaway trailers caused by poor oversight when trucks are loaded improperly
- Jackknife accidents caused by inexperienced truckers and drivers who use improper braking techniques
- Undercarriage accidents caused by failure to provide the necessary safety equipment
- Mechanical failure caused by insufficient maintenance and lack of regular inspections
If you have suffered catastrophic injuries in a Montecito truck accident due to someone else’s careless behavior, you shouldn’t have to pay for your own medical bills or suffer the loss of missed time off work. That’s why our investigators will examine police reports, surveillance camera videos, witness statements, internal company documents, and other vital information to find out who’s liable for your accident.
Parties that may be held responsible for truck accidents injuries include:
- Careless truck drivers
- Negligent truck company owners and managers
- Motor carrier
- Manufacturers of defective parts
- Mechanics who fail to make necessary repairs
- Cargo and shipping company of improperly loaded trucks
Because a truck can do so much damage to you and your passengers, medical bills and other costs of a collision may be astronomical. Common injuries and other consequences caused by truck accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Loss of limb
- Neck and back injuries
- Severe burns
- Bone fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Wrongful death
Our experienced Montecito truck accident attorneys at NordstrandBlack PC have been recognized for consistently providing our clients with superior results. Call (805) 962-2022 to learn more today. You won’t owe us anything unless we win you a settlement. At NordstrandBlack PC, we’re on your side.