Montecito Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Walking is a great way to get around. You can enjoy the beautiful Montecito scenery, breathe in some fresh air, and get outstanding exercise all at the same time.
There are a lot of benefits to walking, but careless drivers can also make it dangerous. In fact, 893 pedestrians were killed and over 14,000 were injured on California roadways in a recent year.
If you were harmed by somebody’s negligent actions, the experienced Montecito personal injury lawyers at NordstrandBlack PC will file a claim to help you recover your medical bills and other costs such as time missed from work.
Call (805) 962-2022 to learn more today. You won’t owe us anything unless we win your case.
People should be safe if they stay inside the crosswalk and obey traffic laws. But pedestrians are pretty vulnerable when drivers don’t follow the rules.
Cars, busses, SUVs, and big-rig trucks can cause serious injuries when they collide with an unsuspecting pedestrian. And delivery van and rideshare drivers who are hustling to meet a tight schedule can be a real menace for someone who’s just trying to cross the street.
Another type of hazard is created by poor road conditions, bad lighting, faulty traffic lights, and road signs that are obstructed by untrimmed foliage.
Factors that contribute to crashes where pedestrians are harmed include:
- Distracted driving
- Unsafe road conditions
- Failure to yield at crosswalks
- Failure to signal when turning
- Disregarding weather conditions
- Not slowing down at construction zones
- Dangerous driver maneuvers
Getting stuck by a vehicle is devastating. Taking the following steps will help with your recovery and make it easier for your Montecito pedestrian injury attorney to file a successful claim:
- Call 911. Even if your injuries don’t seem severe, you’ll want to get medical attention right away. Some types of injuries such as whiplash and traumatic brain injury (TBI) can get a lot worse in the hours and days after a crash.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries using your cell phone camera.
- Collect contact information from the driver and any witnesses.
- Tell your doctor about any pain you might be experiencing, attend all your medical appointments, and follow your doctor’s treatment recommendations.
- Don’t mention details of the accident on social media and don’t make any statements to an insurance agent or sign any documents until you’ve met with your personal injury attorney.
You don’t have to accept the first offer the insurance company makes. The truth is, they get their profits by paying out as little in claims as they can get away with.
Pedestrians who are hit by motor vehicles are likely to suffer catastrophic injuries. But insurance companies instruct their agents to make you a lowball offer that isn’t nearly enough to cover your expenses.
Renée Nordstrand-Black has been representing accident victims for over 30 years, and we know how to deal with insurance companies. If they’re not willing to make a reasonable offer, we’re always prepared to take the other side to court.
A personal injury claim for a roadway pedestrian collision includes the following types of damages:
- Medical bills
- Emergency room care
- Lost wages
- Medical devices
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning potential
- Wheelchair ramps for your home
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Wrongful death
Pedestrians don’t have any protection when a vehicle runs into them. You’ll probably have to take a lot of time away from work as you recuperate. And some types of injuries such as paralysis will prevent you from ever returning to your normal lifestyle.
Injuries that frequently result when a pedestrian is struck by a motor vehicle include:
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of limb
- Internal bleeding
- Nerve damage
- Neck and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Internal bleeding
The person who hurt you should have to pay for it. At NordstrandBlack PC, we help people put their lives back together.
Our firm has won millions of dollars in settlements. We have a perfect 10.0 rating from Avvo and an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Call (805) 962-2022 to schedule a FREE consultation today.