Montecito Personal Injury Attorneys
You shouldn’t have to pay for your own medical bills and other losses and expenses when your injuries were caused by another person’s careless behavior. If you’ve been injured in an accident, we’ll file a claim to help you get the money you need.
The insurance companies don’t play fair. That’s why you’ll want to have an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side to stand up to them.
At NordstrandBlack PC, we’ve been helping people put their lives back together for over 30 years. Our firm works with all types of accident victims. We always have time for our clients.
Renée Nordstrand-Black knows how to take on the insurance companies and win. Our team has recovered millions of dollars in settlements for people who had nowhere else to turn.
When you’ve been hurt in an accident, it turns your whole life upside down. At NordstrandBlack PC, we help people just like you every day.
No matter what type of accident you’ve suffered, we know how to build a strong case and win. Personal injury cases we frequently take on include:
- Car accidents. Automobile crashes happen when you least expect it. Speeding drivers, motorists that run a red light, and people who make risky left turns are just a few of the scenarios that can turn your day into a nightmare.
- Motorcycle accidents. When drivers fail to notice motorcycles, the results can be devastating. Injuries to riders and their passengers such as bone fractures and road rash may require extensive medical treatment followed by a long period of recovery and physical therapy.
- Pedestrian accidents. Pedestrians are completely vulnerable to accidents caused by drivers of trucks and motor vehicles. Drivers who don’t look out for pedestrians or violate your right-of-way must be held accountable for their unsafe behavior.
- Bicycles, scooters, and skateboards. Even when you ride safely, there’s no way to anticipate drivers who make dangerous maneuvers like merging into your lane, ignoring stop signs, or opening the driver-side door right in front of you.
- Truck accidents. A fully loaded big rig truck weighs over 80,000 pounds. Trucks have a much longer stopping distance than cars. When a truck collides with a pedestrian or a regular passenger vehicle, the damage is usually severe. We’ve helped victims recover from rollover accidents, jackknifes, runaway trailers, underride accidents, and other devastating accidents caused by unsafe truckers.
- Dog bites. Sadly, children are most likely to be the victim of a dog attack. These incidents cause severe trauma and scars that are difficult to heal. Extensive medical treatment is often required. California has strict liability laws, which means you don’t have to prove the owner of the dog that bit you was being irresponsible. Dog owners have a responsibility to protect others from harm and prevent their animal from roaming free.
- Premises liability includes injuries caused by slip and fall accidents and other types of injuries that occur when businesses, property owners, and landlords fail to remove hazards that can harm others.
- Wrongful death. Nothing hurts like losing someone you love. And knowing that your loved one’s death was caused by somebody’s negligent or reckless actions weighs heavily on the victim’s family. We can help you get compensation for funeral costs, medical expenses, and other losses including the pain you’re suffering due to your loss.
At NordstrandBlack PC, we’ve built strong relationships with the best medical specialists in Santa Barbara County. We’ll help you get the treatment you need to get better.
The types of injuries that result from accidents can be severe. Our clients face costly medical bills. The people we see in our office are often suffering from these types of serious injuries:
- Bones fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Burn injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Loss of limb
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neck and back injuries
Mounting medical bills aren’t the only challenge you’ll be facing after you’ve been injured by another person’s careless actions. That’s why we’ll help you get a settlement that covers the following types of expenses:
- Medical expenses
- Time missed from work
- Loss of earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Wheelchair access for home and auto
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- In-home nursing care
- Wrongful death
Montecito is a lovely community located about 4 miles southwest of Santa Barbara. This unincorporated town of fewer than 9000 residents stretches between Los Padres National Forest and the Pacific Ocean.
Montecito is known for exquisite views and luxury living. It’s long served as home and getaway for the rich and famous. This quaint seaside community was named One of the 50 Best Places to Travel by Travel + Leisure.
There are lots of fun and exciting things to do in Montecito. With so many hiking trails and beautiful beaches, it’s a great place to get outdoors. You can spend the day trekking around Montecito Peak Trail, Ennisbrook Park, Hammonds Meadow Trail, Cold Spring Trail Loop, Tangerine Falls, or Romero Canyon.
You can enjoy standup paddling, body surfing, checking out the sailboats, or just lounging around on one of our gorgeous beaches: Fernald’s Point, Miramar Beach, or Hammond’s Point, and dogs on leashes are welcome at Butterfly Beach.
There are many historic and scenic places to visit in Montecito, including Lotusland Botanical Gardens, a renowned local center for scientific research and conservation where they promote organic gardening methods and environmental stewardship. The amazing grounds include an aloe garden, a cactus garden, an Australian garden, a cycad garden, a fern garden, a Japanese garden, and a succulent garden. Lotusland Botanical Gardens was founded by Madam Ganna Walska.
Another great place to visit is Casa Del Herrero, which boasts stunning Moorish and Mediterranean unification style architecture. The exquisite grounds and interior are open for public tours from mid-February through mid-November.
Montecito features a diverse and vibrant economy that includes hospitality, retail sales, healthcare, financial services, bars and restaurants, real estate, and fitness.
Insurance companies make their money by paying out as little in claims as they can get away with. Don’t accept any offers or sign any agreements until you’ve spoken with an experienced Montecito personal injury attorney.
Our award-winning trial attorneys at NordstrandBlack PC will fight to get you the money you need to cover your medical costs and other losses caused by someone else’s negligence. And we’re always ready to take the insurance companies to court if they won’t make a reasonable offer.
Call (805) 962-2022 to schedule your FREE consultation today. At NordstrandBlack PC, we’re on your side.