Montecito Bicycle Accident Lawyers
If you were injured in a Montecito bicycle accident, you could be facing astronomical medical bills and other losses, such as time missed from work. It’s important to remember that you don’t have to accept the first offer you get from the insurance company. In fact, their offer is just a fixed amount designed to save the insurance company as much money as possible.
At NordstrandBlack PC, we’ve been helping accident victims like you get the money they need for over 30 years. We calculate the true cost of your accident and file a claim against the person responsible for your injuries. If the insurance company isn’t willing to make a serious offer, our trial attorneys are always prepared to take them to court.
Our firm has a perfect 10.0 rating from Avvo and an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Call (805) 962-2022 to learn more today.
The biggest threat to bicyclists is careless drivers who simply aren’t looking out for you. Motorists must recognize bicycle lanes and respect your space. They don’t have the right to pass you whenever they feel like it. California has a three-foot passing law, meaning drivers have to slow down and wait to pass until they are able to give you enough room.
Poor road design and hazards such as obstructions and potholes also cause bicycle crashes. Public officials and private contractors are required to maintain a safe roadway for everyone. Factors that contribute to bicycle collisions include:
- Distracted driving
- Unsafe merging
- Road hazards
- Reckless driving
- Poor road design
- Drivers who turn into occupied lanes
- Drivers who don’t slow down in rainy, snowy, or foggy weather
Unlike motor vehicle passengers that are protected by seatbelts, airbags, and a secured cabin, bicyclists are completely vulnerable to the effects of a crash. If you experience a crash or a fall because a careless driver cuts you off, you’re likely to suffer serious injuries. Our team has worked with victims who possess the following injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Crush injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Bone fractures
- Road rash
- Loss of limb
- Internal organ damage
- Skull fractures
There are things you can do after a bicycle crash to aid your recovery and strengthen your claim. To achieve the best outcome, it’s important to take the following steps:
- Call 911 for medical assistance.
- Report all symptoms to your doctor. Some injuries, such as whiplash and brain injuries, may worsen over time, so you’ll want to ensure you’re getting the appropriate treatment.
- If you feel up to it, use your cell phone camera to record details from the accident scene, such as skid marks, vehicle damage, and missing or obscured road signs.
- Collect contact information from witnesses and anyone who was involved in the accident.
- Don’t talk about the accident with anyone but your attorney, and don’t discuss it on social media. This information may be used against you.
- Contact a bicycle accident attorney right away.
The first thing your Montecito personal injury attorney at NordstrandBlack PC will do is check to make sure you’re getting the appropriate medical care for your injuries. Then we will investigate the accident. Our team will use these tools to find out what really happened and determine who’s responsible for your injuries:
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Physical and forensic evidence
- Surveillance camera video
- Internal company documents
- Accident scene simulations
Your attorney will file a claim against anyone whose negligent behavior contributed to your injuries. This may include an employer, such as a food delivery company that failed to screen an employee with a poor driving record or a trucking firm that pressured drivers to exceed federal hours of service (HOS) laws. Negligent parties who bear liability for your injuries may include:
- Automobile drivers
- Other cyclists
- Bars and restaurants that continue to serve clearly intoxicated patrons
- Manufacturers of defective motor vehicle parts
- Public and private entities responsibility for road conditions
- Employers who failed to maintain safe vehicles or encouraged unsafe driving practice
Insurance agents will do everything to deny your claim and minimize your injuries. They’ll point their fingers in every direction, and they might even try to blame you for their client’s careless actions. At NordstrandBlack PC, we know how to stand up to big insurance companies. We’ll use every tool at our disposal to get you the compensation you need to recover.
A personal injury claim for a Montecito bicycle collision may include the following types of damages:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Costs of medical devices
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Costs of wheelchair ramps for your home
- Reduced quality of life
- Wrongful death
At NordstrandBlack PC, we’ve dedicated our practice to helping accident victims rebuild their lives by getting them the compensation they deserve.
Our firm has won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients. We’ll always treat you with respect and compassion, and we never quit until the job is done.
Call (805) 962-2022 to schedule your complimentary consultation.