Montecito Car Accident Lawyers
Helping You Get the Money You Need After a Car Accident in Montecito
An automobile collision is a traumatic event that can tear your life apart. You and the people you care about may be suffering from severe injuries, and there are several important things you’ll have to take care of as quickly as possible. For example, you may be required to seek medical attention, get your car fixed, arrange for childcare, and talk to your employer about taking some time off from work.
One of the biggest hassles after a car accident is dealing with insurance companies. The insurance agents don’t have your best interests at heart. In fact, insurance companies make their profits by paying out as little as they can on claims.
You don’t have to face the insurance companies on your own. If you were harmed by a negligent driver, the experienced Montecito personal injury attorneys at NordstrandBlack PC will file a claim to help you get the money you need to put your life back together.
Call (805) 962-2022 to schedule your FREE consultation today.
What Causes Automobile Accidents in Montecito?
Traffic congestion is a real problem in Montecito during rush hour, especially along Coast Village Road (CRV) and Hwy 101. The situation is expected to get worse in coming years as population growth in Santa Barbara County is projected to increase 23% by 2040, and traffic counts are expected to expand 50% over the next 20 years, rising from the current high of 94,000 vehicles per day to over 140,000.
Even when accounting for planned highway renovations, escalating traffic in the region will certainly lead to more collisions and injuries. Most car crashes result from some type of driver negligence, such as:
- Distracted driving. Texting or using a handheld device while driving is not permitted in California. Additional causes of distracted driving include talking, eating, reaching for an item in the cabin, and checking the GPS.
- Speeding drastically reduces the driver’s reaction time and causes serious injuries when crashes occur.
- DUI. Intoxicated drivers have reduced reaction time and a person’s reflexes, vision, judgment, and coordination are all impaired by drugs and alcohol.
- Aggressive driving. Tailgating, cutting in front of other drivers, running red lights and stop signs, weaving in and out of traffic, and other unsafe driving behavior performed deliberately and with disregard for the safety of others is highly reckless behavior.
- Unsafe merges and lane changes cause accidents that are especially hazardous for cyclists and motorcycle riders.
- Cloudy, rainy, snowy, and icy road conditions decrease visibility and make it more difficult to maneuver your vehicle safely. Drivers should reduce their speed accordingly to protect everyone on the road.
What to Do After a Montecito Auto Accident
Dial 911 right away and check to see if anyone inside the vehicle is injured when a collision occurs. Get the medical attention you need. Do not take the “wait and see” approach to see if you might get better on your own without treatment. It is important for medical providers to document your injuries and refer you for medical treatment.
Collecting contact information from witnesses and everyone involved in the accident will make it easier for your personal injury attorney to begin their investigation. Use your cell phone camera to snap some photos of the accident scene, including skid marks, vehicle damage, and any road conditions that may have contributed to the crash.
Don’t talk about the accident with friends or on social media. And don’t accept any offers from the insurance company or sign any statements until you’ve had a chance to meet with a Montecito car accident attorney!
How Your Attorney Can Help
Your personal injury attorney will investigate the crash to determine whose negligent behavior caused or contributed to your injuries. After reviewing your medical records, your lawyer will present the insurance company with a claim that reflects the true cost of your injuries and other expenses caused by the accident, which may include the following:
- Doctor’s office visits
- Ambulance rides
- Emergency room care
- Future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Reduced earning potential
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- House and car alterations for access
If the lawyers for the insurance company refuse to make a reasonable offer, our trial attorneys at NordstrandBlack PC are always prepared to take them to court. But we’re usually able to persuade the other side to do the right thing without going to trial.
Injuries Caused by Car Crashes
Auto and truck collisions frequently cause severe injuries that require extensive medical treatment. Some types of injuries, like brain damage and paralysis, may necessitate a lifetime of assisted living care. Injuries and other negative outcomes our clients have sustained include:
- Severe burns
- Bone fractures
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
Contact Us if You Were You Harmed by a Careless Driver
You shouldn’t have to pay for your own medical expenses and other losses when your injuries were caused by someone else’s careless behavior. Our trial attorneys at NordstrandBlack PC have won millions of dollars in settlements for victims of senseless automobile accidents.
Call (805) 962-2022 to learn more today. Remember: you won’t owe us anything unless we win you a settlement or judgement.