Montecito Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Helping You Put Your Life Back Together After a Montecito Motorcycle Accident
California is a great place to ride a motorcycle. Our fantastic weather allows you to enjoy scenic rides all year-round. And the high price of gas makes motorcycles very economical.
Whether you use your bike regularly as part of your daily commute, or you just like to take it out for a spin on weekends, there’s nothing like the feeling you get when you’re out riding in the fresh air.
The overwhelming majority of motorcycle owners are safe riders who take good care of their bikes and follow the rules of the road. The truth is, most accidents involving motorcycles are caused by careless car, SUV, or big rig truck drivers.
Sadly, motorcycle riders are vulnerable to injuries caused by collisions and they’re 28 times more likely suffer a fatality in an accident than someone traveling inside an automobile according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Motorcycle crashes are a serious concern in Montecito, CA. Riders have recently suffered serious injuries along Highway 101 and on Sycamore Canyon Road.
If you were harmed in a motorcycle collision, contact the experienced trial attorneys at NordstrandBlack PC. We’ll file a claim against anyone whose careless actions contributed to your injuries to help you get the money you need to cover your medical bills and other expenses, including pain and suffering.
Call (805) 962-2022 to learn more today. And remember: You won’t owe us anything unless we win you a settlement.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
The biggest threat to motorcycle riders is drivers who are behaving recklessly or simply aren’t looking out for you. Another major concern is unsafe road conditions caused by bad weather, uneven surfaces, loose debris such as gravel, and obstructions in and around the road.
Operating a motor vehicle is a huge responsibility. Drivers who fail to act responsibly injure tens of thousands of motorcycle riders every year. Examples of unsafe driver behavior include:
- DUI. People who are impaired by drugs and alcohol should stay off the road! Being under the influence diminishes a driver’s vision, reflexes, judgment, and coordination.
- Speeding. The posted speed limits are there for a reason. When drivers go too fast, it drastically reduces their reaction time and makes injuries that result from a crash much worse.
- Running a red light or ignoring a stop sign is a truly thoughtless act that’s likely to catch a motorcycle rider totally off guard and cause catastrophic injuries.
- Unsafe lane changes. All motor vehicles have blind spots, and they’re particularly large for big rig trucks. That’s why drivers must signal lane changes in advance and be certain the lane is empty before entering it.
- Distracted driving. Talking on a handheld device or texting while driving creates a huge distraction, and that’s why these activities are illegal in California. Eating, talking, checking GPS, reaching for objects inside the cabin and any other activity that distracts the driver can have disastrous consequences.
- Unsafe left turns. Intersections are one of the most dangerous places for motorcycles. Numerous crashes are caused every year by drivers who just don’t pay enough attention when they make a left turn.
- Rear-end accidents occur when inattentive drivers aren’t ready to stop in time. This causes serious injuries to motorcycle riders.
What to Do After a Montecito Motorcycle Accident
A motorcycle accident happens suddenly, and it can turn your whole world upside down. Try to remain as calm as possible and take the following actions to the best of your ability:
- Move your bike to the side of the road.
- Call 911.
- Get medical attention right away. Some types of motorcycle injuries such as whiplash and internal bleeding can be much worse than they seem at first, and your condition may need to be monitored.
- Collect contact information from witnesses and all drivers involved in the accident.
- If you are able to, use your cell phone to record pictures of the accident scene and the condition of your bike. Try to capture any skid marks and road conditions that may have contributed to the collision. This will be very helpful for your personal injury attorney’s investigation.
- Contact an experienced Montecito personal injury attorney.
How Your Montecito Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help
Although insurance companies know that motorcycle riders can suffer horrible injuries that result in costly medical bills. They make money by paying out as little in claims as they can get away with. If you don’t have a Montecito vehicle accident attorney to represent you, the insurance agent will try to take advantage of you by offering a lowball settlement.
The seasoned personal injury lawyers at NordstrandBlack PC have been dealing with insurance companies for years; We know all their tricks. If the other side isn’t willing to make a reasonable offer, we’re always prepared to take them to court.
Expenses that may be recovered in a personal injury claim for the victim of a motorcycle crash include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost income
- Reduced earning potential
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Assisted living care
- Wheelchair ramps and assistive devices for your home
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Injuries that result when a car crashes into a motorcycle can take years to heal. And some types of injuries such as paralysis make it impossible for the victim to ever resume their regular activities.
Injuries that frequently result from a motorcycle collision include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Loss of limb
- Bone fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Severe burns
Were You Harmed by a Careless Driver?
At NordstrandBlack PC, our mission is to help people who have been harmed by the negligent actions of others. Our team has recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we have a perfect 10.0 rating from Avvo.
Call (805) 962-2022 to learn more today.