Oxnard Slip-and-Fall Attorneys
An unexpected hazard that causes someone to fall can have devastating consequences. When a person loses their balance, they may fall forward or backward and experience serious impact upon hitting the ground, especially if they land on a hard surface.
Businesses, property owners, landlords, managers, and employees have a responsibility to eliminate hazards, such as slippery floors, uneven surfaces, scattered objects, and other dangerous conditions, in order to prevent people from being seriously injured. If you were injured by a slip-and-fall accident caused by unsafe conditions, you have the right to seek compensation to cover the cost of your medical bills and other expenses, including lost wages and physical therapy.
NordstrandBlack PC will fight to help you get the resources you need to get better after an accident. We want you to continue enjoying the many wonderful activities that Oxnard has to offer, such as visiting the Mullin Automotive Museum, Heritage Square, and Silver Strand Beach.
For over 30 years, the talented personal injury attorneys at NordstrandBlack PC have been helping the people of Oxnard. We were selected for the Clients’ Choice Award by Avvo, an independent law firm rating agency, and we also hold an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Call us at (805) 962-2022 to schedule a FREE consultation today.
A slip-and-fall accident occurs when a hazard makes you lose your footing. It may be a wet surface, a loose object that causes your foot to slide, or an obstruction that you stumble over. Whatever causes you to lose your balance, once you begin to fall, you are completely helpless and can suffer serious injuries.
Property owners are legally required to eliminate fall hazards that they created, knew about, or should have known about. To prevent senseless accidents, managers and employers must be trained on how to protect guests and patrons by removing hazards or supplying the appropriate warning signs.
For public safety, the following types of dangerous circumstances must be resolved as quickly as possible:
- Torn, loose, or rutty carpeting
- Uneven surfaces
- Loose, missing, or broken stairs
- Poorly lit hallways and parking garages
- Recently mopped floors without hazard signs
- Broken or missing handrails
- Wet or icy sidewalks
- Loose stepping stones
- Broken or damaged floors
- Sand or gravel
- Toys, tools, and other objects left out in the open
Slip-and-fall accidents can happen anywhere people are walking. It’s particularly important to eliminate hazards along footpaths, walkways, trails, and commonly used routes and shortcuts. The more foot traffic an area receives, the greater the need for vigilant oversight. For example, many slip-and-fall accidents occur near escalators.
Places where slip-and-fall accidents frequently happen include:
- Gas stations
- Apartment building
- Hotels and motels
- Bars and restaurants
- Private residences
- Boats and marinas
- Office buildings
- Theaters and stadiums
There are a number of things you can do after a slip-and-fall accident occurs to protect your recovery and assist your Oxnard personal injury lawyer. This includes:
- Dail 911 if the victim requires immediate medical assistance.
- Inform the property owner or business manager that you have been injured.
- Visit your doctor right away, attend all your follow-up appointments, and keep records of all the medical treatment you receive.
- Take pictures. If you feel up to it, use your cell phone to record photos of the accident scene, or you can ask a friend to do it for you.
- Witnesses. Collect contact information from anyone who saw the accident occur.
- Don’t talk about the accident with anyone besides your Oxnard slip-and-fall lawyer, and don’t reveal details about the incident on social media.
- Insurance agents may try to get you to make a statement or sign documents that could harm your settlement. Politely inform them that they will be hearing from your attorney soon.
- Call a lawyer. Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Everyone has a duty of care to avoid behavior that may cause reasonably foreseeable injuries to others. NordstrandBlack PC will investigate the accident and file a claim or lawsuit against anyone whose negligent actions caused you harm.
Slip-and-fall accidents cause debilitating injuries such as broken hips, concussions, bone fractures, paralysis, nerve damage, and traumatic brain injury (TBI). You may require a long period of recovery before you are ready to resume your normal day-to-day activities. Slip-and-fall injuries may cause disabilities and excruciating pain that seriously diminishes your quality of life.
A slip-and-fall claim or lawsuit filed by the personal injury lawyer at NordstrandBlack PC will include the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses
- Time missed from work
- Emergency room treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Occupational therapy
- Reduced earning potential
- Wheelchairs and other medical devices
- In-home nursing care
- Reduced quality of life
- Wrongful death
At NordstrandBlack PC, you won’t owe us anything unless we win your case. We understand that you are going through a difficult time, and we are here to help you on the road to recovery.
We treat all of our clients with respect, and someone from our firm will always be available to talk about your case.
Give us a call at (805) 962-2022 to learn more today.