Oxnard Car Accident Attorneys
Representation for Victims of Car Accidents in Oxnard
Though Oxnard is overall a safe city, it still sees crashes on freeways and city streets, from the 101 to Rose Avenue. While you might think a collision is no big deal because you have insurance coverage, insurance companies will try to pay as little as possible, even if the collision wasn't your fault.
Protect yourself. Do not talk to any insurance company, or sign anything offered to you by an insurance company, without a lawyer present to represent you. If you say the wrong thing or sign away your rights, it can cost you a lot of money in the long run. Call NordstrandBlack PC at (866) 298-2041 to speak to an Oxnard car accident attorney right now. Consultations are free.
Fatal Accidents in Oxnard
In 2014 there were 11 fatal accidents in Oxnard, which resulted in 12 fatalities. Five of the people involved in those accidents were pedestrians, and three of the 11 accidents involved people who were intoxicated.
Oxnard has fewer fatal vehicle accidents per capita than California overall. In 2014, the number of fatal collisions per 100,000 people averaged 5.4 in Oxnard, while the California average was 5.7. However, Oxnard has been much safer, such as in 2010 when Oxnard had only 2.0 fatal accidents per 100,000 people; or in 2005 when the California average was at 7.4 and Oxnard was at 5.0.
Drive Safely Day or Night
A serious collision can happen at any time, but there are certain times when they are statistically more likely to occur. Although Friday and Saturday are dangerous for downtown areas, Sunday and Monday see the most accidents on average in Oxnard.
The evening is a more dangerous time to be on the road than the morning, especially during our spectacular ocean sunsets. Being on the road late at night, after midnight, can also be dangerous due to poor visibility and a higher likelihood of intoxicated or fatigued drivers. Someone unfamiliar with the Pacific Coast Highway can easily make a mistake on a winding road and cause a serious crash.
What to Do After a Collision in Oxnard
Your first actions after a car accident are extremely important
- Make sure that you and any passengers in your vehicle are alright. Make sure anyone else involved in the crash is alright. Contact emergency services immediately if anyone is in need of medical attention.
- Do not, under any circumstances, leave the scene of the collision. If someone else flees, get a description of them, their vehicle, and the license plate number if you can, but do not leave to chase them. Only move your car if it is safe to do so.
- Contact the police for any crash except a minor fender bender. When a police officer arrives at the scene, give an honest account of what happened but do not take responsibility for the crash. A police officer cannot say who caused the collision when testifying later, but if you say you did it, he or she is allowed to repeat that information.
- Exchange information with anyone else involved in the collision, or with the owner of property that may have been damaged.
- Do not talk to any insurance company, even your own, without consulting a lawyer. Insurance companies are in business to make money and will do what they can to minimize how much they pay you.
Speak to a Legal Team That Knows Oxnard
After a serious car accident in Oxnard, an experienced attorney can investigate what happened and help you with issues you don't know to expect, and will also be familiar with the local courts. Call our Oxnard personal injury attorneys at NordstrandBlack PC at (866) 298-2041 to discuss your situation and talk about your options.