Santa Barbara Broken Bone Attorney
Legal Help After a Broken Bone
Suffering a broken bone in an injury accident can be costly and painful. Broken bones may require medical treatment, x-rays, surgeries, and physical therapy. Depending on which bone was broken, you may be unable to work for a prolonged time period, leaving you and your family facing a difficult financial situation. The fact that these injuries are often caused by the negligent actions of another individual only makes matters worse. If not for the dangerous actions of another person, the broken bone injury may never have happened.
If you or a loved one suffered a broken bone injury, you may be able to recover financial compensation from the responsible party. Contact NordstrandBlack PC. We are dedicated to seeing that our clients receive the care they need and maximum compensation under the law. We can be reached at (805) 962-2022.
Understanding Bone Fracture Injuries
A bone fracture injury happens when a strong external force strikes a bone, causing it to break. Some bone breaks are easier to medically treat than others. More severe breaks are called complex fractures or open fractures. A complex fracture involves damage to the nerves, muscles, and joints around the broken bone. An open fracture occurs when the bone punctures through the skin.
The severity of your broken bone injury will depend on the location of the fracture and the force sustained in the impact. Common symptoms of bone fractures include the following:
- Swelling around the injury location
- Tenderness around the injury location
- Bruising around the injury location
- Deformity around the injury location
Common Causes of Bone Fractures
Most bone fractures are the result of trauma. The most common trauma situations that lead to bone breaks and fractures include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Automobile or motorcycle accidents can lead to severe and complex broken bone injuries. In car, truck, pedestrian, bicycle, and motorcycle accidents, severe and complex bone breaks often happen.
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents: these types of accidents are among the most common causes of bone fractures. For people over the age of 65, they are the most common cause of bone fractures. Slip, trip, and fall accident victims often suffer broken ankles, hips, shoulders, knees, elbows, or vertebrae in the spine.
- On the job injuries: some industries, like construction and manufacturing, are known to be especially dangerous. Workers in these industries often suffer broken bones in falls or by being struck by heavy machinery. However, a person can suffer a broken bone injury at just about any job.
Damages Recoverable in an Injury Claim
The amount of your recovery in a Santa Barbara bone fracture injury claim depends on a number of factors, including the severity of the injury and the financial impact it's had on you and your family. NordstrandBlack PC can help you pursue maximum of financial compensation for your injuries. We can assist you in obtaining financial compensation for the following:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future lost wages from missing work
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Contact an Experienced Santa Barbara Injury Attorney
The Santa Barbara personal injury attorneys at NordstrandBlack PC is here to help you pursue the financial compensation you need after a broken bone injury accident. Contact us today at (805) 962-2022.
March 18, 2018
March 10, 2018
March 5, 2018